URGENT! “Speak Up Now” Demand a Public Hearing
Join State Representative Rose Mary Robinson in this demand.
After two plus years of review The MI Dept. of Environmental Quality and the EPA are on track to grant U. S. Ecology’s hazardous waste facility’s request to:
* increase NINE-FOLD their intake of hazardous and toxic wastes–heavy metals, sludge, pickle liquor, cyanide, hydrochloric acid, even wastes containing low levels (less than 50 ppm) of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs).
* increase hazardous waste storage there in tanks and containers from 64,000 gallons to nearly 666,000 gallons.
without inviting public comment on new information and questions!
– Residents have repeatedly asked that environmental racism be investigated.
Where is this report? Using the 2012 report issued by Dynecol is a mockery of the issue.
– There is data to show that any amount of toxins, like lead, in a person’s body is harmful to their health. So how can the processing, storing and emissions of even dangerous chemicals be considered “safe”?
– What is the plan to assess and address area residents’ health complaints before expanding?
– Is there a commitment from MDEQ to take the numerous air quality violations seriously, issuing fines as stated in the permit?
– When will the soil be tested?
– Will the state and federal regulatory agencies continue to allow corporations to experiment with the well-being of our residents and natural resources??? Even after the Flint fiasco?
– What detail and wording have been changed by USE, MDEQ and the EPA to the Waste Analysis Plan, WAP?
Too Much is Unknown —
Too Much is at Stake!!!
Share your concerns and urge these officials to Demand Public Hearings on the Proposed Expansion:
– Governor Rick Snyder
517-373-3400 or 517-335-7858
– Richard Conforti, Jr.
Environmental Engineer, MDEQ
– Steve Sliver, Acting Chief
Office of Waste Management &
– U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
– Warren Evans
Wayne County Executive
Director Health, Veterans &
Community Wellness – Detroit